Beta-I Newsletter and events




  
Source: https://startupguide.typeform.com/to/ZfrC1p?utm_campaign=Newsletter&utm_source=hs_email&utm_medium=email&utm_content=31276230&_hsenc=p2ANqtz-9MSvAxlUWLDihe0NW5W7RK0i5HtDgwLZYMjhZva9MfIfCAb0pOhlGgVXLuIHv8v2ycHEOPVoNxvtHRtsSnRtYKFBam6-tfDvFmrSde8X7FC7X0Pd0&_hsmi=31276230
There was a time in my life when I convinced myself that my dream was to write a book.
I’ve always loved writing (more than I love the Beatles, and I’m a huge Beatles fan) so, it felt natural to me to picture myself as female version of Jack Kerouac, hitting the road and writing a book about it (apologies if it sounds cliché).
However, I figured, later on, that I was more of a short story-teller than a novelist, and I ended up writing stories, articles, interviews and newsletters, instead.
But, I’ve always been curious about this book thing and when I started working with startups I kept on wondering: what if we had a book on the Lisbon startup scene? A book to tell the stories of our entrepreneurs? From Lisbon to the world? 
Well, I guess I wasn’t alone and that this thought was more than just wishful thinking...
Just the other day, Ricardo Marvão, Head of Global Resources and founder of Beta-i, stormed into the office to tell everyone that we were about to do something ‘AMAZING’ (he says this a lot but, he’s most often right).
We were going to bring Startup Guide to Lisbon and have our own book on Lisbon’s startup scene.
Thanks to Startup Guide, together with Beta-i, and with the support of Lisbon’s City Hall, Microsoft and SAP, Lisbon will have its first handbook for entrepreneurs, with tips and advice, so that they can also start their own companies in Lisbon.
For now, we’re getting everything ready to get this book written, and you’ll be part of it too. You can now nominate who you think should be covered in this book, from startups to entrepreneurs. Click here to nominate until July 11.
As for me, I’m still a short story-teller and I won’t be full-filling an old existential dream of writing a book or novel. I guess you’ll still have to put up with my newsletters and not so funny jokes :D
But, I’m excited to be part of this as I am excited of being part of everything else we’re doing at Beta-i, and what some of our friends and partners are introducing.
Great to see, for example, that Siemens has created a separate unit just for startups, with 1000 million euros to invest, and that Cisco has open applications for its Innovation Grand Challenge and 250k to invest.
Feel free to check out what else is happening below.



  Re-THINK


We get hundreds of applications for Lisbon Challenge and it's always a tough choice. Understand how we choose the startups and how you can really stand out from the crowd with these simple tips. More 

We had our 2 day hackathon to choose the 8 winners that will get to test their solutions to improve the lives of million of people in the experimentation phase. We're turning Lisbon into a living lab. Find out who they are. More

We had another Tourism Day by Beta-i, in partnership with Turismo de Portugal and hosted by Airbnb. Check out the main highlights here and read the impact study made by Airbnb about Lisbon. More

Working remotely in Lisbon is becoming a trend... So, for this month, at Beta-i we have welcomed Remote Year with 75 digital nomads who will be working from our office in Lisbon. Find out all about this. More 
   Events

Comentários